Thursday, August 26, 2021

Blog Post #1

 Top Five Sources of News and Information

Everyone gets their news and information in different ways.  Whether it is from watching the nightly news, getting the daily paper, or even from people talking to you.  Some people go out of their way to look for the daily news to know what is going on in the world where others happen to stumble across it.  In this post, I will tell you my personal top five sources of news and information.



Snapchat is probably my number one source of information as I am on it the most.  I use Snapchat to communicate with friends throughout the day but there is also a discover page where news companies and outlets have their own Snapchat where they post breaking news.  This is my number one because it is so easy and convenient to check in less than a minute.  While I am in the middle of a conversation with one of my friends and waiting for them to respond I can swipe over and check to see what is going on in the world.  I could recommend this source to people who don't really seek out the news but still want to know what is going on.  You can also change and set which companies' news pops up allowing you to get multiple sources at once.  



Instagram is my second source of news and information due to the fact that people post about things that are going on in the world and I see their posts.  This is another app that I use a lot allowing me to see things pop up as my day goes on.  On Instagram, you can follow accounts whether they are news accounts, companies, or people you follow for information.  An example of this is when a company called Hoonagin made a video of a stunt.  I had been waiting for the video but I wasn’t going to just constantly keep looking it up online to see if it was out yet.  Instead, I followed the company on Instagram and when the video did come out it popped up on my feed allowing me to see it.  This is a more convenient way to find out news or information and is also able to be customized by who you follow.


      
TikTok
TikTok is another social media application that I use but also gives me daily information.  When there is news or new information, people tend to post about it on TikTok where I then see it.  I can then go Google the information to see what all is going on but people’s TikToks are the ones that help notify me.  This is not the best form of getting information but it is one of my most used forms as I use the app a decent amount and don't actively seek out the daily news.  



Youtube is a platform where people post videos.  These videos can be anything from how-to videos to 100 hours of a wood fireplace.  You can learn a lot on youtube as especially when new things come out.  A lot of car Youtubers post videos when new cars come out or when there are rumors of new cars or products like iPhones.  News outlets also post on Youtube and even live stream breaking news events.  This again is not your normal daily platform for strickly news but this is great for people who don't want to seek out the news but learn about events conveniently as they happen.



Watching TV with my Parents

When I am home I tend to watch tv with my parents at night.  My Dad is either watching or has watched the nightly news by the time we start watching tv.  I then either watch it with him on whatever news channel he chooses that day or he tells me if anything big happened.  This again is not the best source of information and news but it is one way that I get it.  I like getting my news this way because I typically don’t have to watch the whole news to know what is going on but I still have the option to if I see that there is something that might interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  Final Blog Post Technology is a double-edged sword.  On one end you get amazing technological advances that can save lives.  At the other ...